Software Engineer III
Modea is seeking a talented, motivated Software Engineer with at least 3 years of experience to join our growing team. As a Software Engineer, you will be focused on using the latest software stacks and cloud technologies to design, implement, test, and continuously deliver new features and products with enterprise scale Content Management Systems (CMS).
What does a Software Engineer do at Modea?
We are digital consultants first, and our software engineers assume this same mentality in all aspects of their work. We tackle client projects as cross-functional teams made up of software engineers, UX designers, project managers, strategists, and analysts. These teams work very closely with each other and the client to architect and build awesome, consumer-grade experiences.
We're currently looking for someone passionate about solving problems with technology and ready to take their game to the next level by building great software. The right person for this role understands what it takes to build and deliver high-quality software and has a strong understanding of software engineering principles. This is a full-time position.
Here are a few specific things we’d be looking for:
- CMS Web Experience - Our software engineers need to understand the ins and outs of either the Drupal or WordPress CMS. Specifically, this includes topics such as content modeling, theming, custom module development, configuration management, search API, migrate API, etc. While most of our work centers around the latest version (Drupal 10 / WordPress 6), knowledge of the past several versions would be preferable. Working with headless CMS installs is also a plus.
- DevOps Experience - Our software engineers need to work in multiple environments (local, QA, UAT, production, etc) with multiple hosts (on prem, Patheon, Acquia, etc.). We have to integrate with multiple source code hosts (GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, MS DevOps, etc.) and work with various pipeline systems. Knowledge of Docker is a plus.
- Software Engineering Best Practices - We pride ourselves on delivering quality software solutions, and we rely on following good software engineering best practices. We are looking for someone who will champion this in every aspect of the development and delivery of our work. Be prepared to share what all this encompasses for you and how to build software the right way.
Here is a list of skills and qualities that are required for this role:
- Have 3+ years of professional software engineering experience with Drupal or WordPress
- Be a great listener and communicator (oral and written)
- Be naturally curious and love problem solving
- Have a consultant mentality in your approach to solving problems.
- Client facing experience is preferred.
- Be pleasant to work with and a team player
- Be passionate about software development and ready to share your favorite blogs, authors, development communities, latest technology, etc.
- Have a mentality of continuous improvement in all that you do individually and as a team member
If you believe you can be successful in this role but don't meet all the qualifications, please apply! Share with us the unique value you can add to this role.
Where is this position located?
You are able to work at any location in Virginia, Tennessee, or North Carolina. We offer modern offices located in Nashville, TN and Blacksburg, VA. This allows you to choose a fully-office, fully-remote, or hybrid work experience. You may occasionally need to travel to our offices or other locations for items such as the occasional training or client visits. We will also provide you with tools to do your job at home as well as in the office.
Who is Modea?
We are a technology consultancy with a mission to infuse greater control, transparency, and choice into the consumer healthcare experience. To do this, we work with large healthcare providers to help them build out a digital roadmap, then design and build mobile, web, and other digital experiences. We fundamentally believe that this work helps consumers have better information and access to care, and our clients to build stronger customer relationships.
Here are a few ways to get to know our work in healthcare:
- Learn about our award-winning EHR-integrated mobile app development for Children’s Wisconsin. This app delivers a fully integrated MyChart to allow parents to manage their children’s health in one place.
- Discover Luminis Health’s website development that was built with a firm accessibility standard and patient-centric solutions.
- Check out the web analytics and consumer research we completed to help Lurie Children’s drive the design decision-making process and ultimately create a more user-friendly site.
- Review our design research and Drupal work used to create a Healthcare Social Network experience for the American Medical Association.
- If you’re interested in learning more, we encourage you to dive into some of our other work.
Here are a few other reasons why you should apply:
First, you’ll love the work we do and the people you’ll get to do it with. We’ve assembled an exceptionally smart and hardworking team and you’ll enjoy the work associations and general camaraderie with other “Modeans.” We also work with great clients who value our contributions and work side-by-side with us.
Second, Modea offers a great benefits package that provides both a fun and enjoyable workplace and great perks that will improve your quality of life:
- Generous paid time off
- Generous health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with fully vested company matching
- Long term & short term disability
Some of these benefits, like parties and snacks, have had to adapt to the remote work environment we are currently in, but our operations team has found innovative ways to support our employees. We take care of our team.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position during the duration of the workday. Individual must have the ability to constantly operate a computer. Must have the ability to converse with and exchange information to clients and coworkers both in person and through a computer. Capable of occasionally transporting items of 10 lbs or less to and from the office.
We aspire to be a highly inclusive employer...
providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best as we can. We are committed to keeping great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes Modea stronger.
This is not a requirement, but if you need accommodations or assistance to perform as best as possible to apply for this role or have any questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected].
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Modea participates in the E-Verify program.
Modea is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Modea is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.